2018 Convention Preview from Chairperson Ken Johnson
The Third District 2018 Convention Committee has been at work for over a year planning a great Convention.
- Wednesday, June 6, 2018: Calling all Golfers for the 2018 Convention Golf Outing. Delegates, nondelegates and guests are all invited to join this golf outing. Golfers will return in time to get ready for and attend the Memorial Service.
- Wednesday, June 6, 2018 the Convention will officially begin with the Third District Memorial Service which will be held at St. Marks Church (a Stave Church not too far from the convention site). We will have a school bus and car pools to take everyone from the hotel to the Church and back to the hotel.
- When we arrive back to the hotel those who have purchases either a delegate or non-delegate’s package will be invited to the President’s Reception. There will be a buffet dinner and dancing to the Norwegian music provided by DJ Sean LeFleur. The President’s Reception is included in both the delegate and non-delegate packages. Tickets for the reception alone can be purchased for $75.00.
- Thursday morning June 7, 2018 the Bi-Annual meeting will open and Thursday night will be a free night to enjoy the sites near the hotel. There will be information packets available of the nearby restaurants and other places of interest such as Jakes 58, the only casino in Suffolk County (Minutes from the hotel).
- Friday evening, June 8, 2018, following the second day of meetings, there will be a Viking Auction, the profits of which will be donated to the 3D Charitable Trust.
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 we will conclude our meeting as early in the day as possible. In the afternoon, delegates and guests can enjoy visiting local places of interest. There will be more information regarding this as we get closer to the time of the Convention.
- Also on Saturday, June 9, 2018, following the Installation of the Offices of the Third District. the Grand Banquet will be held. Dinner and dancing to the music of the Swedish Meatballs, a 5-piece band led by Ellen Lindstrom. The banquet is included in both the delegate and non-delegate packages. Tickets for the banquet alone may be purchased for $75.00 per person. Note: A special price of $135.00 is also available for the purchase of tickets for both the President’s Reception and Grand Banquet ($150.00 value).
- On Sunday, June 10, 2018, we are hoping that everyone will join us across the street for breakfast at Applebee’s. This will not be just any breakfast. You will be served by District Officers and Convention Committee members. ALL PROFITS WILL GO TO THE CHARITABLE TRUST. Tickets for the breakfast are $15.00 and can be purchased with your delegate or non-delegate package or by contacting Karen Olsen-Helmold (see below).
2018 Convention Committee Members:
|HONORARY CHAIR||Mary Andersen (Third District President – Bondelandet Lodge)||PO Box 7, Exton, PA email@example.com|
|CHAIRPERSON||Kenneth Johnson (International Director – Henrik Ibsen Lodge)||3 Derby St., Patchogue, NY 11772||631-289-3580||Kgjohnson@optonline.net|
|CO-CHAIR/REGISTRAR||Stephen Helmond (Zone One Director – Norden Lodge)||183 Evergreen Ave., Bethpage, NY 11714||516-935-0751||Kgjohnson@optonline.net|
|SECRETARY||Les Johannessen (Norden Lodge)||7 Nichols Rd., Huntington Station, NY firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TREASURER||Shirley Erland (Norden Lodge)||4030 Jerusalem Ave. 1A, Seaford, NY email@example.com|
|PUBLICITY/JOURNAL||Barbara Bernsten (Norden Lodge)||10 Pershing Ave., Valley Stream, NY firstname.lastname@example.org|
|REPORTS/BOOKS||Karen Olsen-Helmond (Third District Secretary – Norden Lodge)||183 Evergreen Ave., Bethpage, NY email@example.com|
|SPORTS/GOLF||Audun Gythfeldt (Nor-Bu Lodge)||PO Box 702, Pocono Pines, PA 18350||570-646-3817||Audun99@ptd.net|
|CULTURAL ARTS DISPLAY AND CONTEST||Gail Martinsen (Third District Cultural Director – Suncoast Lodge)||18544 Water Lily Lane, Hudson, FL firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WAYS AND MEANS||Karin Ryan (Loyal Lodge)||152 Caldwell Ave., St. James, NY email@example.com|
|VIKING AUCTION||Judy Fleming (Loyal Lodge)||28 Park Avenue, St. James, NY firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CO-VIKING AUCTION||Betsy Grabher (Norge Lodge)||93 Constellation Rd., Levittown, NY email@example.com|
|BANQUET||Susan Olson (Third District Youth Director, Loyal Lodge)||97 Locust Drive, Rocky Point, NY firstname.lastname@example.org|
|EXCURSIONS||Turid Mann (Loyal Lodge)||43 Pearl Street, Patchoque, NY 11772||631-289-2386||TuridMann@gmail.com|
|REFRESHMENTS/COOKIES||Torun Reduto (Loyal Lodge)||152 Caldwell Ave., St. James, NY email@example.com|